Saturday, March 20, 2010

Where the Trouble Begins

Applying to universities is... confusing, annoying, and involves way too many forms. My blog addresses that. Not in a particularly reassuring way, I mean, I'm applying to those schools myself. If you're looking for advice, this won't help you at all, I'm as lost as you are (and recording my mistakes right here for your entertainment!), but it might reassure you to know that other people are fighting the paperwork, the SATs, the essays, and all the rest of it.

In fact, before I started myself, I tried looking for blogs about this and didn't find any. I take that back, I found one that had exactly one entry (and the name I originally wanted to use for my own blog, what a waste). Maybe it's because they don't exist, or aren't successful or interesting, or maybe people that get into colleges know better than to waste their time blogging about it. I don't know, but I am going to try.

So welcome. Follow me through battles with bureaucracy and standardized tests, traversing the fields of forms and interviews into the lands of higher education, beginning a quixotic quest for acceptance letters ans scholarships to universities in the US of marvelous A...

... as an American citizen living abroad, thereby complicating everything about tenfold.

By the way, "lost number in a file", other than describing every applicant's nightmare, is from a Bruce Springsteen song, Radio Nowhere, embedded right here because everyone needs to know who he is (along with the E Street Band, of course):




The video obviously isn't synced with the sound...

No comments:

Post a Comment