Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rensselaer, Final Answer (?)

Paid my enrollment deposit at Rensselaer. Looks like this is it.

Parents are still trying to get me to consider taking a year off, going either to a community college close to my uncle's house (moving in with them, in a cold area) and then applying to a different list of schools as a transfer student.

One person is pointing out that the winters are long and cold in Troy, NY.

Another that they don't offer Russian.

Another that the UCR is a perfectly good school, and maybe I should just transfer to Medicine (currently taking a few courses under Mechanical Engineering enrollment).

Actually, they're all being pretty encouraging, on the whole, just trying to make sure I don't end up someplace where I'll be miserable. To be honest, it doesn't matter much where I go, things will end up one way or the other no matter what. (Well, that wasn't a useful sentence at all).

What I mean to say, is that decisions like these, which supposedly determine the rest of your life, don't determine it much more than any other decisions you make regularly throughout a day. Too many variables, too many different choices down the road. Just because I don't make it from Point A to Point B by Direct Route C doesn't mean I won't get there eventually.

Then again, maybe I'm just a sore loser. Would I be writing this if I had gotten into my first choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment