Monday, September 6, 2010

Profiles and Statistics

My Liason Officer sent me the Year of 2014 Class Profile. Here are the more interesting numbers:

Applicants and Nominees (This one really puts things into perspective, what's horrible is the comparison between Qualified Candidates and Offers of Admission)
Applicants
11,627

Candidate Pool
7543

Qualified Candidates
2445

Offers of Admission
1566

Admitted:
New U.S. Cadets 1269
New International Students 17
Turnbacks Returning 8
Total
1294

College Board Scores (SAT)
(for comparison: My math was 650, my Reading was 740, my Writing was 580. I don't know how they get to Verbal, but if it's a normal average, then mine is 660. These scores are ok, but I'll need better to make up for my CFA. Yeah, I know it doesn't work that way (a bad CFA is reason enough to disqualify you) but I need something to make me look good.)

The first number is the Mid 50% Range

Verbal
-600-680
Mean: 640

Math
-630-700
Mean: 666

Geographical distribution was pretty cool, aside from all 50 states and Territory of Guam, there were people from: Brunei, Ecuador, El Salvador, Georgia, Guatemala, Jordan, South Korea, Lebanon, Pakistan, Peru, Romania, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia and Uganda. Count them, that fits exactly the International Student count. One from each country.


High School Honors and Activities
(these numbers are pretty impressive, specially the Athletic Letter Awards. I think I only fit in the Class President category).

Class President
9%

Class Vice-President
7%

Valedictorian
8%

Salutatorian
3%

National Honor Society
63%

Boys’/Girls’ State or Nation Representative
11%

Yearbook/Newspaper (Editor or Business Mgr)
4%

Yearbook/Newspaper (Other Staff Mbr)
12%

Debate Team
7%

Dramatic Production
15%

Band or Orchestra
25%

Chorus/Glee Club
11%

Boy/Girl Scouts
24%

Eagle Scout/Gold Award
12%

JROTC Cadet
11%

Civil Air Patrol
9%

Academic Bowl Team
8%

Athletic Letter Awards (1 or More/Any Sport)
80%

Football 22%
Basketball 11%
Baseball 9%
Track 27%
Swimming 11%
Soccer 13%


Average GPA (mine is something like 3.65 or thereabouts.)
3.87


There's more information, like ACT scores (which doesn't affect me in the least) and Sons and Daughters of Alumni (again, irrelevant, but 14 students had parents that attended the same academy).

No comments:

Post a Comment